Sunday, January 17, 2010

In with the not-so-good

So I was on the way home from work earlier this week and decided to stop by Starbucks for some  completely unnecessary caffeine. As I pull up to the drive-thru window I notice a huge sign with the words "In with the good..." above three pictures of some very appetizing drinks. Here's the best part: each drink is under 100 calories. Amazing!! Coming from the girl who counts every calorie that she puts into her mouth, this is a darn good deal. So I spontaneously order the one with the least amount of calories (90, in fact) called a Skinny Vanilla Latte. This also just so happens to be the drink of choice for a friend of mine, so I figured it would be a safe bet. Fast forward about 5 minutes... and I was utterly horrified. Imagine putting a cup of water in the microwave for a minute or so and then adding a few drops of vanilla flavoring, and you have the drink. It was terrible, to say the least. I think I'll stick with my Light Caramel Frappuccino, hold the whip. Much tastier, and only about 40 calories more.

Xoxo,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment